Sunday 18 January 2015

#IsLaundryOnlyAWomansJob

 
    


Laundry!!! When this word comes to the mind, mind start to point to the female member of the family and if you dare ask any male member, “why don’t you wash your clothes”?
A male egoistic reply will be thrown at you “why me, that is not my work???
Harsh isn't, one side we talk/hear about women equality or women empowerment, then why man should be the judging parameter? Why the work done by men should be set as standards to achieve by women of the society? Why no standards are set for men keeping, works of women as standards? Equality means from both the ends right!!! That is why our society is still biased and male dominant.

One BIG Question “Is laundry only a woman’s job”?? Seriously I never thought about it , I really want to thank blogadda.com  & ARIEL to come up with a wonderful theme which will make all the men to think, why only women should take the charge of Laundry? Why can’t Men do?
Some will say “we earn for the family”, some will say “it is women destined work”, some will say “that we have been seeing this in society don’t change it”, some will say “leave it they will do”. But guys don’t you think , u need to give a break to all these obsolete /orthodox or 18 century ideas and should think seriously about it, why only women is assigned or women are thought to do laundry even in the 21st century?

Yes I know that in past gals/ladies/women used to take care of house, raising children and men used to be the sole bread earner for the family but as time passed the scenario changed, it took a complete turn around and today’s women is well educated, matching step to step with men and an equal partner in earning too, So those who says “we are earning, they are earning too…”. Where it is written “Laundry only a women job”?? Some will say “women excel the art of cleaning clothes”. When a women can, why can’t men excel? If they can do what men used to do, why can’t men can do what they used to do?
I am not asking to deliver a child: P, Just laundry, c’mon men can also do let’s check the stats what survey highlights, its little shocking and a mirror to this orthodox society too.







You will be shocked to know that, the stats you see above are the result of survey conducted by AC Nielsen in Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad & Bangalore, in November 2014 
(1000 person)

Let me take an example, not from society but from my family itself, my mother is a homemaker and my father is in business, so by default laundry is thought to be task assigned to my mother. Sometimes if my mother ask for help, she has to insist so many times then he will think to help, if some match is going on surely, he will think let ignore some time she will wind up in the meantime. But main thing is that when my mother fell sick and father has to do laundry, which rarely happens, He will think that, what a big favor I did? Why? Is this his fault, No!! It’s the fault of our society in which more than 76% male thinks, this the work to be done by the female counterpart and this thinking needs to be changed when women can step into men shoes by working and managing home too , why can’t a men can help her in making her journey a smooth one! Stats reveals 85% women thinks they have to take care of both work and household task and more than 77% women thinks that men prefer relaxing rather giving a helping hand for household task!!!
 Let them to come forward and to change this stats. Seriously the boys/men who are reading this, I expect a change in the society and a salute for all women for doing great job and managing all.

Let’s see a TVC and judge yourself, how often it happen at your home? 

                         


“I am writing for #IsLaundryOnlyAWomansJob activity at BlogAdda.com in association with Ariel.”



4 comments:

  1. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t skills ought to I provide you with thanks! i'm altogether shocked by your article. You saved my time. Thanks 1,000,000 for sharing this text.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, you do write your articles with passion. I hope you get the time to post for me some time in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This message is very useful for me. thanks for your valuable information.

    ReplyDelete